Environment, Health and Safety
At Divi’s, we continually strive to optimize the resources and upgrade our various business processes in order to reduce the environmental impact.
Various activities that have been taken up under this initiative are:
At Divi’s, we are committed to monitoring and taking several safety measures, promote a healty environment for all staff thereby creating a highly productive environment for all.
Green Belt Development
We believe that the environment we operate is well treated mindfully safeguarding the elements of the environment, by creating ecological balance by consciously creating strategies that will benefit the environment both in the long terms and short term
- ~1,37,000 saplings planted during 2020-21
- ~ 10,99,000 plants/trees planted till date
- ~54% Green belt Area within our manufacturing facilities
REDUCING CARBON FOOT PRINT
With sustained growth during the last 30 years, we have also contributed to the total carbon footprint reduction; a contribution we are constantly monitoring. The focus over the next decade will be towards achieving the vision of low carbon economy.
- Replaced screw type air compressors with energy efficient centrifugal air ~10,000 TCO2e
- Replaced centrifuge and FBDs with ANFs & Dryers ~2,640 TCO2e
- Arranged O2 analyzers for process vessels cut-back ~75 TCO2e
- Modified the design in ANF filter bags helped in reducing ~32 TCO2e emissions
- ~21,396 MT CO2e emissions were reduced during FY2020-21
- ~10% Reduction in intensity emissions (scpoe-1 and scope-2), per ton of manufacturing quantity during FY2020-21
- ~1,04,350 MT Carbon Sequestration from the plants/trees planted till date.
~1,86,300 M3 of raw water conserved, which is equivalent to the water consumed by ~750 families per year
- Establishing additional Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) at manufacturing facilities helped in conservation of ~1,22,400 M3
- Implemented green chemistry principles in process operations conserved 36,373 M3 of water
- 110% increase in water recycling quantity during FY2021-22, compared to the base year 2019-20.
At Divi’s, energy is a key focus area for mitigating climate change risks. Our motto of “sustainability at core” in all the business operations has helped us work towards a low carbon growth framework in which, conservation of energy is a top priority. As part of our environmental responsibility, we are continually identifying opportunities and are adopting a less carbon intensive path, by revisiting all our processes, understanding their atom to atom efficiencies as we expand our operations.
- Installed advanced and energy efficient equipment – ~1,08,79,000 KWH
- Installed LT Capacitor panels with automatic APFC controller for mini PCC – ~15,37,100 KWH
- Collecting and re-using condensate water helped in conservation of energy by ~400 MWH
- ~ 1,73,99,000 KWH, Energy conserved during FY2020-21
Divi’s Started revisiting all its processes to attain mole-to-mole efficiency, thereby eliminating any possible by products and waste stream. Our approach to solid waste management includes all the activities and actions required to manage waste from its initial stage to final disposal. When we say all the activities, it includes collecting, treating and disposal of waste material that is no longer useful. We continually strive towards reducing the amount of waste generated from our operations and have adopted sound waste management and disposal practices to meet all applicable environmental and regulatory standards. We have dedicated waste management systems for different kinds of waste generated.
- Established additional solvent recovery stations to recover and reuse solvents.
- Sending process solid residues, spent carbon, process waste salts to other industries to attain value recovery
- Returning used batteries to suppliers through buy-back policy
- ~56,732 MT, Hazardous waste co-processed/ reused during FY2020-21
- ~48,751 MT, Hazardous waste recycled during FY2020-21