CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
At its core, our business is about partnering with people to help them achieve their best “LIFE”.
Safe Drinking Water
Today’s children are tomorrow’s citizens, and it is they who determine our nation’s future. We at Divi’s want the future generations to learn to sustain while also learn to grow in their lives. This is only possible when today’s children are empowered to do so. We want to ensure that the needs of the communityare met without compromising on safety of the future generations.
Key Initiatives FY2020-21:
- Providing Safe Drinking Water
- Construction of Toilets for Girls & Boys
- Utensils for midday meals scheme
- Scholarships for professional courses students
- Distribution of Horlicks Sachets every day
- Scholarships for Merit & Physically Challenged Students
- Teaching aids, Science labs, Infrastructure Development etc.,
- Distribution of notebooks and nutritional products to students: 105 Schools and ~15,000 Students
- Theme paintings & gym equipment: 5 schools and ~660 Students
- Digital class rooms: 9 Schools and ~560 Students
Divi’s firmly believes that the provision of adequate healthcare is a basic necessity in any community. As a result, we encourage a preventive approach to healthcare. We try to achieve this by creating health awareness among the underprivileged people living near our manufacturing units. Our awareness initiatives have resulted in permanent changes in peoples’ attitude towards hygiene, leading to prevention of illness to decrease the burden of disease and associated risk factors.
Key Initiatives FY2020-21:
- Free Eye and Dental care Camps
- ORT training and pulse polio campaigns
- Addl. Incentives for Family Planning and awareness campaigns on HIV/ Aids, epidemics and malaria
- Fluorosis health camps
- Prevention camps for Japanese Encephalitis
- Pulse Polio Immunization Program
Preventive Healthcare-Including Covid Initiatives: ~4,00,000 beneficiaries
The people living in villages are sometimes deprived of basic community infrastructure, due to lack of proximity to urban areas. Under-developed infrastructure, roads, educational centres and lack of medical facilities are a hindrance. Divi’s strives to bridge this imbalance by contributing towards the development of the rural areas.
- Construction of Roads, Bus Shelter, Community Halls, drains, Dahana Vaticas
- Renovation of places of worship
- Digging Agricultural Bore wells
- Providing Street lights and their accessories
- De-silting of Tanks, canals & community ponds
- Distribution of Street Lights
Significant projects undertaken by Divi’s in FY2020-21:
- Development of Children’s Park at P.M Palem
- Gym equipment distribution to Cherukupalli Panchayat
- Cricket kits distribution to two villages
- Hyrdaulic Auto to Gudiwada Panchayat
- Distribution of LED lights to Thudem
- Provision of kitchen shed and toilets at Maddipeta
ANIMAL WELFARE & DAIRY DEVELOPMENT
Key Initiatives FY2020-21:
- Conducting Veterinary Camps
- Expert’s Advisory Camps on Dairy Development, Cattle feed and Animal Welfare
- Improvement of Veterinary Dispensaries
- Contribution of medical equipment, vaccination and medicines to veterinary hospitals
- 28 Villages and ~50,000 People
SAFE DRINKING WATER
The water in and around Andhra Pradesh and Telangana contains dangerously high levels of fluoride which we aim to purify through our Water Purification Programme ‘SUJALAM’. We have made it our mission over the past many years to use techniques like reverse osmosis to get rid of ground water impurities like fluoride, lead, sodium, and chlorine while also installing storage water tanks in the local communities, so that continuous drinking water is available, accessible and consumable.
Making Safe Drinking Water Accessible ( PROJECT SUJALAM):
- RO Plants Installed : 81
- People Benefitted : ~2,15,000
‘A tree for every occasion’ has been a tradition at Divi’s for years. All our employees are dedicated to our values of restoration and preservation with great
enthusiasm. We have led major plantation drives in the Choutuppal & Bhimili regions, where we have overseen over 1 lakh plantations in villages. Promoting greenery in these regions has helped improve the ecological balance and has created a healthy environment.
Plantation Covered FY2020-21:
- Villages Covered: 30
- Number of Plantations: ~1,35,000
- Number of VrukshaMitras: 102
Helping Fight Covid-19
Key Initiatives: First Wave
- Creating Awareness among the communities with ~7000 families on COVID-19!
- Contributed Rs.10 Crore funds to CMRF, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh!
- Supplying Basic needs & Hygiene essentials to Quarantine Centers, comforting ~6500 people a day!
- Distribution of essential provisions to the needy, supporting the well-being of ~110,000 people!
- Supporting the safety & well-being of ~5000 COVID-19 front-line warriors a day!
- Sanitizing communities around our manufacturing units, safeguarding the health of ~500,000 people!
- Lending a helping hand to ~1900 migrants a day by Divi’s Employees!
Key Initiatives: Second Wave
- Sanitizing communities and spreading awareness around our manufacturing units, benefiting ~135,000 people
- Supplying oxygen cylinders and concentrators to Government hospitals in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh!
- Supplying essential healthcare supplies to existing Health care centers and Setting up a new Covid-19 Health care center, accommodating ~50 patients!
- Setting up Oxygen generation plants in two major Government hospitals, helping patients have access to uninterrupted oxygen supply!
As we move forward, we shall continue to serve the communities where we live and work, in our entire capacity. For more information and updates on our support initiatives please visit: divislabs.b-cdn.net/blog/